Role: Avionics and Electrical Systems Engineer
Dufour Aerospace is a young start-up on a mission to revolutionize vertical mobility by developing electric and hybrid-electric tilt-wing VTOL aircraft. We’re looking for people who share our vision and passion to join us on our journey in Switzerland.
About the role
You will have a major role in the growing team, working closely with the Head of Electrical Systems to develop our avionics and electrical systems. Responsibilities will include deriving system, subsystem and component requirements, design, implementation, and verification, including with flight test campaigns.
Working location for this role is Visp, Switzerland.
- Collaborative detailed design, development, specification, interfaces definition, supplier selection and integration.
- Power distribution networks and associated power conversion systems to provide power to all avionics, control and monitoring systems on-board.
- Rapid prototyping and testing for our experimental aircraft, and safety-critical systems development for certification.
- Model and predict performance on the network including transient behavior and failure cases.
- Actively participate hands-on in the prototyping, integration, and testing campaign phases.
- 5+ years of experience in electrical systems design, implementation and testing, preferably in aircraft systems
- Experience in designing complex electrical and/or telecommunications systems with high safety and reliability requirements.
- Strong analysis skills.
- Motivated and self-directed work ability.
- Experience with CS-23 and/or CS-27 certification requirements.
- Experience in developing systems under ARP 4754.
- Embedded software development experience.
- A hands-on problem-solving approach to engineering.
Dufour Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, gender identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org