Role: EWIS Design Engineer
Dufour Aerospace is a young start-up on a mission to revolutionize vertical mobility by developing electric and hybrid-electric tilt-wing VTOL aircraft. We’re looking for people who share our vision and passion to join us on our journey in Switzerland.
We are seeking a passionate individual to join our engineering team. This role allows for the engineer to interface with many disciplines within the company and invites creativity. Prototypes are designed quickly and efficiently, meaning attention to detail is critical. This position will report into our Lead EWIS Engineer and will contribute, as part of an integrated cross functional team, to the Electrical Wiring Interconnection System architecture, design, certification and delivery of Dufour Aircraft. As an EWIS Design Engineer you will be part of an interdisciplinary Integrated Project Team responsible for the design of the EWIS along with several additional systems from prototype into serial production and beyond. You will take responsibility for the development of subsystems and components and ensure their compliance to safety standards. Due to the efficient nature of a start-up, this position is rewarding, as the engineer will promptly see their ideas grow from concept to creation.
Working location for this role is Zurich, Switzerland.
- Support the architecture level design of the EWIS.
- Understand schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Support interface requirements definition / routing for the EWIS.
- Take active part in the space requirements definition of the wire harnesses.
- Support the definition and management requirements for the EWIS.
- Support the creation of certification related documentation for the EWIS.
- Design and optimize aerospace harnesses throughout their lifecycle.
- Create complex harnesses, assemblies and their routing in CAD.
- Derive fully dimensioned 2D technical drawings appropriate for production and certification.
- Consult with engineers of other disciplines.
- Assist in the development of manufacturing, integration, and test processes and procedures.
- Support the system development from concept to production, resolving any design, manufacturing and assembly issues.
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline such as Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related field experience required
- 5 to 10 years of professional experience in the aerospace industry focusing on electrical harness design and routing is required.
- Experience on Electrical Systems, Avionics Systems, Grounding and Bonding, Interior Systems, or similardomain is necessary.Knowledge on manufacturing drawings (form boards) specifications as lacing, marking, BOMs, etc.
- Excellent understanding of general design principles and technical correlations is required.
- Strong knowledge of CAD is required.
- Basic knowledge of PDM/PLM systems is required.
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously if required.
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills required.
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment is required.
- Fluent English language skills are essential.
- Good knowledge of Aerospace Electrical Standards and Specifications such as AC43.13-1B, ATA chapter 20, ATA 100, S1000D is appreciated.
- Knowledge on EWIS development, safety and certification processes such as AC 25.1701-1, AMC 20-23 and familiarity with ARP4754 highly appreciated.
- Knowledge of DC power distribution with elevated voltages up to 900 V – 300A with the implication on wiring harnesses, connectors and safety is appreciated.
- Knowledge of HV-DC global challenges such as segregation requirements, partial discharge, corona effect, arc fault detection, and health monitoring is desired.
- Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3), awareness is appreciated.
- Understanding of product development from concept to production and in-service is desired.
- Working experience with Lithium Battery is considered a plus.
- Working experience with motor drives or high power electronics is considered a plus
- Aircraft homebuilding or rapid prototyping experience is a plus.
- Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial.
Dufour Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, gender identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Contact us at email@example.com