Role: Head of Electrical Systems
Dufour Aerospace is a young start-up on a mission to revolutionize vertical mobility by developing electric and hybrid-electric tilt-wing VTOL aircraft. We’re looking for people who share our vision and passion to join us on our journey in Switzerland. Working locations include Visp and Zürich.
About the role
You will have a major role in the growing team, in charge of the development of the propulsion and avionics electrical systems. Your responsibility will span from the derivation of aircraft functional and performance requirements, through designing and implementing electrical solutions, to the planning and execution of the appropriate test campaign.
- Lead the collaborative detailed design, development, specification, interfaces definition, supplier selection and integration of the aircraft’s multiple electrical machines including electric motors, generators and power electronics and control.
- Design a safety critical high voltage distribution network to provide power to all major components of the aircraft’s propulsion system.
- Design a companion low voltage distribution network and associated power conversion systems to provide power to all avionics, control and monitoring systems on-board.
- Create safe architectures with high performance switches and protections to ensure full continuous availability and reliability of the system.
- Model and predict performance on the network including transient behavior and failure cases.
- Lead the design, development, specification, interfaces definition, supplier selection and integration of all the required components to implement electrical systems in the aircraft.
- Actively participate hands-on in the integration and testing campaign phase
- 5+ years of experience in electrical systems design, implementation and testing, preferably in aircraft systems
- Experience in designing complex electric systems with high safety and reliability requirements.
- Strong skills in Simulink/Simpower Systems.
- Experience designing and developing innovative thermal, mechanical and electrical, including EMC/EMI, integration solutions for high voltage electrical networks.
- Motivated and self-directed work ability.
- Experience with CS-23 and/or CS-27 certification requirements.
- Experience in developing systems under ARP 4754.
- Knowledge of hybrid propulsion systems.
- A hands-on problem-solving approach to electrical engineering.
Dufour Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, gender identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org