Role: Lead EWIS Design Engineer
Dufour Aerospace is a young start-up on a mission to revolutionize vertical mobility by developing electric and hybrid-electric tilt-wing VTOL aircraft. We’re looking for people who share our vision and passion to join us on our journey in Switzerland.
We are seeking a passionate individual to join our engineering team. This role allows for the engineer to interface with many disciplines within the company and invites creativity. Prototypes are designed quickly and efficiently, meaning attention to detail is critical. Applicant is expected to have expertise leading prototype and
certification EWIS activities for both rotorcraft and fixed wing aircraft. Applicant is expected to have gained experience on Electrical Systems, Grounding and Bonding, or similar domain. Knowledge of DC power distribution with elevated voltages up to 900 V – 300A with the implication on wiring harnesses, connectors and safety is a must. Knowledge of HV-DC global challenges such as segregation requirements, partial discharge, corona effect, arc fault detection, and health monitoring. Supporting HV power, new components or electronics development, and state of the art battery systems to shape lightweight, high performance solutions meeting their specific requirements. Applicant is expected to have previously held DOA or equivalent signatory with experience of airworthiness requirements and regulatory authorities. Due to the efficient nature of a start-up, this position is rewarding, as the engineer will promptly see their ideas grow from concept to creation.
Working location for this role is Zurich, Switzerland.
- Support EWIS Project Management coordination and reporting.
- Support planning and risk management and ensure on time delivery of all tasks.
- Support the costings of EWIS installations
- Develop, challenge, and continuously improve system’s design and technical concepts.
- Support the architecture level design of the EWIS.
- Understand schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Create the definition and management requirements for the EWIS.
- Support the creation of certification related documentation for the EWIS.
- Support the design and optimize of aerospace harnesses throughout their lifecycle.
- Consult with engineers of other disciplines.
- Assist in the development and constant improvement of manufacturing, integration, and test processes and procedures.
- Support the system development from concept to production, resolving any design, manufacturing and assembly issues.
- Knowledge of Aircraft worthy standard parts.
- Support EWIS team members in their tasks and coordinate activities with project tasks.
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline such as Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related field required or 20+ years of professional experience in the aerospace industry focusing electrical harness design and routing.
- Experience on Electrical Systems, Avionics Systems, Grounding and Bonding, Interior Systems, or similar domain is necessary.
- Previous experience of leading an EWIS program.
- Experience of previously held DOA or equivalent signatory with experience of airworthiness requirements and regulatory authorities.
- Experience of Approval of EWIS based installations, assemblies and detailed parts.
- Experience of Check of EWIS based installations, assemblies and detailed parts.
- Good knowledge of Aerospace Electrical Standards and Specifications such as AC43.13-1B, ATA chapter 20,
- ATA 100, S1000D is required.
- Knowledge on EWIS development, safety and certification processes such as AC 25.1701-1, AMC 20-23 and familiarity with ARP4754 is required.
- Knowledge of DC power distribution with elevated voltages up to 900 V – 300A with the implication on wiring harnesses, connectors and safety is required.
- Knowledge of HV-DC global challenges such as segregation requirements, partial discharge, corona effect, arc fault detection, and health monitoring is required.
- Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3), awareness is required.
- Understanding of product development from concept to production and in-service is required
- Working experience with Lithium Battery is required.
- Working experience with motor drives or high power electronics is required
- Knowledge on manufacturing drawings (form boards) specifications as lacing, marking, BOMs, etc.
- Understanding of ‘real world’ harness installations, wire choice, harness fatigue, control of harness movement in both static and kinematic conditions.
- Excellent understanding of general design principles and technical correlations is required.
- Strong knowledge of CAD is required.
- Basic knowledge of PDM/PLM systems is required.
- Change control management and modification control.
- Understanding of required build/assembly sequencing.
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously if required.
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills required.
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment is required.
- Fluent English language skills are essential.
- Knowledge of PRA is desired.
- Aircraft homebuilding or rapid prototyping experience is a plus.
- Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial.
Dufour Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, gender identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org