Role: Mechanical Engineer
Dufour Aerospace is a young start-up on a mission to revolutionize vertical mobility by developing electric and hybrid-electric tilt-wing VTOL aircraft. We’re looking for people who share our vision and passion to join us on our journey in Switzerland. Working locations include Visp and Zürich.
About the role
We are seeking a highly organized, passionate individual to join our team to perform integration and system testing. You will design hardware to assemble, install, and perform validation and verification testing of flight critical components and sub-systems for VTOL electric aircraft. Work may include detailed computer aided design of parts and subassemblies, hands-on prototyping and integration of components into designs, and on-the-fly modifications of systems to match modifications of the flight hardware.
- Create the design of hardware to assemble and install.
- Perform validation and verification testing of flight critical components and subsystems.
- Work closely with other engineers to capture the nuances of the components, sub-system architectures, and operating conditions, that define the design requirements for these projects.
- Develop full designs, drawing packages for the above projects.
- Procure hardware from suppliers.
- Lead integration of designs and ensure that the systems meet the design requirements set out from the beginning. This may involve on-the-fly modifications of designs to keep up with modifications to the hardware to be assembled, installed, or tested.
- Manage the project status and timelines.
- Create and implement tools to maximize productivity.
- Proficiency in CAD and engineering drawing.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant discipline.
- Strong engineering knowledge and instincts.
- Excellent problem solving.
- Strong communication and social skills.
- Ability to work in a startup environment and actively create processes.
- Hands-on attitude.
- Experience in mechanical design and fabrication of heavily loaded components and structures, as well as high-precision components.
- 2+ years of work experience in relevant industry.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with design and fabrication of weldments, hydraulic systems, and pneumatic systems.
- Experience designing aircraft flight hardware and/or ground support equipment.
- Experience with High Voltage systems.
- Aircraft or UAV homebuilding or rapid prototyping experience is a plus.
- Experience with aircraft EASA certification processes is a plus.
Dufour Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, gender identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Contact us at email@example.com