Role: Structural Engineer
Dufour Aerospace is a young start-up on a mission to revolutionize vertical mobility by developing electric and hybrid-electric tilt-wing VTOL aircraft. We’re looking for people who share our vision and passion to join us on our journey in Switzerland. Working locations include Visp and Zürich.
About the role
We are seeking a passionate individual to join our engineering team. This role allows for the engineer to interface with many disciplines within the company and invites creativity. Prototypes are designed quickly and efficiently, meaning attention to detail is critical. Applicant is expected to have experience designing and manufacturing composite structures, preferably in aviation industry. Due to the efficient nature of a start-up, this position is rewarding, as the engineer will promptly see their ideas grow from concept to creation.
- Design of lightweight structural aircraft components such as wings, fuselages, empennage, etc.
- Engineer will perform initial layout and sizing.
- Conception, analysis, and selection of appropriate structural models.
- Detail design and fabrication instruction writing.
- Direct communication with vendors and technicians in manufacturing.
- Proficiency in CAD.
- B.S. in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or a relevant discipline.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Proficiency in composite structures design.
- Experience in composites manufacturing.
- M.S. in relevant discipline.
- 3+ years of working experience in relevant industry.
- Experience in aircraft structural certification.
- Experience with CAD.
- Experience with finite element tools.
- Aircraft homebuilding or rapid prototyping experience is a plus.
Dufour Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, gender identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org