Role: UAV Engineer
Dufour Aerospace is a young start-up on a mission to revolutionize vertical mobility by developing electric and hybrid-electric tilt-wing VTOL aircraft. We’re looking for people who share our vision and passion to join us on our journey in Switzerland. Working locations include Visp and Zürich.
About the role
We are seeking a passionate UAV engineer to join our team. In this multi-disciplinary role, you will be responsible for requirements analysis, prototyping, hands-on mechanical engineering, power electronics and control systems. In our dynamic startup environment you will need to be adaptable, and there is a great deal of room for growth.
- Mission and certification requirements analysis.
- Concept evaluation, layout and sizing.
- Conception, analysis, and selection of appropriate structural models.
- Supplier evaluation and communication.
- Rapid prototyping with advanced fabrication technology (additive manufacturing and composites).
- Ground and flight tests, and data collection.
- Documentation of design and production.
- Proficiency in CAD.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Track record in commercial UAV or private model aircraft design and building.
- Proficiency in additive manufacturing.
- B.S. in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or a relevant discipline.
- Passion for R/C model building and flying.
- 2+ years of work experience in relevant industry.
- Experience in aircraft certification processes.
- Experience with Onshape, Fusion 360, or SolidWorks.
- Experience with finite element analysis tools.
Dufour Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, gender identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Contact us at email@example.com