Role: Workshop Assistant (student, part time)
Swiss based Dufour Aerospace is developing an eVTOL platform based on tilt-wing technology to make future manned and unmanned electric and hybrid electric aircraft a reality. Dufour’s prototypes have already flown many hundreds of flights – both manned and unmanned. The combination of VTOL operation, aircraft design and software development expertise puts Dufour Aerospace at the forefront of Advanced Air Mobility.
We are looking for a Workshop Assistant (student, part time).
We are seeking an enthusiastic student with a background in hands-on model building to help us manufacture small-scale drones. We 3D print fully functional tilt-wing UAVs (2m wingspan) for the purpose of testing electronic hardware as well as new control architectures in flight. As a working student you will be responsible for keeping our production line running as well as testing and improving the current design. In our dynamic startup environment you will need to be adaptable, and there is a great deal of room for growth. Working location is Altstetten ZH.
- Assemble our small-scale drones
- Integrate and test electronic components
- Maintain our 3D print farm
- Propose and implement design changes
- Document build and test processes
- Hands-on mechanical and electrical experience
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Not afraid to challenge assumptions and provide feedback
- Experience with 3D printing
- Experience with CAD software
- R/C model building and flying enthusiast
Dufour Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, gender identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org